Knee replacement is best known by the term arthroplasty. It is basically a procedure, which is based on surgery. Due to arthritis, a knee can be damaged and arthroplasty is performed to resurface the damaged knee. Plastic and metal parts are used in this procedure in order to cap the end parts of the knee joint bone. Kneecap is also used in this surgery. A patient, who has a severe injury to the knee or severe arthritis, may be under the consideration of this particular surgery.
Basic Steps of Arthroplasty
Basically, there are four steps involving in a knee replacement procedure:
- At first, bone is prepared. Then the removal procedure is done on the damaged surfaces of the cartilage, which are at the end parts of the tibia and femur as well as a small amount of underlying bone.
- Now positioning of the metal implants will be done.
- Resurface the area called patella.
- It is now time to insert a spacer.
Tips for After-Surgery
After three months of the Total knee replacement, a patient can return back to the most of the activities and it takes approx six months to one year to recover fully and to get back the endurance and the maximal strength. There is a group of the best knee surgeons in India, who will provide you the best treatment and will give you the complete check-up throughout and after the surgery. You have to search well to find the best Doctor near your locality.
After Knee Replacement Surgery, the family and friend support is essential. The initial days after the surgery, may seem difficult to some persons. It is involved in a little pain, but here psychology plays the major role as many times people may get scared or frustrated as it is a little bit tough to them to move around or perform some tasks, but the scenario will change soon. Some useful tips in this regard are as follows:
- The family members should take care of all the comforts of that person, the suggestions can be taken from the Doctor if required.
- Wound care and all the medications are important.
- It is important to the check-up at regular intervals.
- As per Doctor’s suggestion, exercises and rehab can be provided.
- Continuous motivation is essential.
- The person should ask all the queries to the Doctor.
If any time any kind of problem happens, immediate medical supervision is crucial. The family member is suggested not to do anything before taking suggestions from the Doctor. There is a group of best knee replacement doctors in India, who are providing the best care for the patients, who are going to take arthroplasty treatment.
After the arthroplasty, proper care is needed for the patient. In the initial weeks, the help of the family member will be needed depending on the situation. But regular check-up is very necessary in order to get full relief. Emotional support is essential as a patient can feel helpless if he/she face difficulties to do a work on his/her own, but as time passes, the dependency upon the other will be decreased.