You will suffer from acid reflux when the acids from the stomach go back into the esophagus. It is unpleasant and causes discomfort. You will also experience the hot burn. You can make lifestyle changes and use the acid reflux remedies to get rid of acid reflux and stay healthy.
Calcium is widely used in antacids to cure acid reflux. Milk is one of the best acid reflux remedies. Milk consists of essential nutrients to produce more acids and neutralize the acid reflux disease. Therefore, you are advised to consume a glass of milk to treat acid reflux.
Chewing Gum is one of the best natural acid reflux remedies. It increases saliva production and act as a buffer. It helps to make swallow and this makes you push back the nasty acids into your stomach. Therefore, you will get quick relief from acid reflux. It is suggested to pick the sugar free chewing gum to cure acid reflux while safeguarding the teeth.
Fiber Rich Foods, the best acid reflux remedies
It is suggested to consume foods rich in fiber to promote healthy movement in the digestive tract and keeps you healthy. Fiber rich diet also ensures healthy digestion and prevents flatulence, heart disease, hypertension and piles. Foods rich in fiber include lentils, Split Peas, black beans, Lima Beans, peas, artichokes, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, blackberries, raspberries, pears, avocados, whole wheat pasta, Bran Flakes, and oatmeal etc.
- Lentils: Cooked lentils are yummy and give you a meaty taste.
- Split peas are rich in proteins. It gives a filling and satisfying feeling.
- Black beans: You can blend sweet potatoes with chipotle peppers to add more fiber to your diet. It is rich in proteins and carbohydrates.
- Peas are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and proteins. It is a perfect fit for your meal.
It is suggested to consume five to six meals in a day to promote digestion and prevent acid reflux naturally. You are advised to eat food at least 2 hours before going to bed. You need to thoroughly chew the food and consume to promote healthy digestion and prevent acid reflux.
Foods to avoid to prevent acid reflux
- You are advised to avoid foods such as high fat foods, onions, chocolate, sodas, peppermint, citrus fruit juices and fruits, caffeine and tomatoes.
- You need to note the foods list that causes acid reflux and discomfort. You can avoid such foods to prevent recurrence of acid reflux.
- It is advised to practice exercises regularly to shred extra weight and promote digestion. You can lower the abdominal fat and prevent the movement of stomach acids into the esophagus. It is one of the best tips to prevent acid reflux.
- You are advised to wear loose clothes to reduce pressure on the stomach. It prevents the recurrence of acid reflux. You need to quit smoking to keep the acids in the stomach itself.
- Ginger Tea is one of the best natural Acid Reflux Remedies. It provides relief from chronic acid reflux, and nausea as well.