Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is an examination which opens the doorway to various public sector organizations as well as in the research field. This is also an entrance exam for getting M.Tech/M.E./M.S. in IITs & NITs.
It is important to know, how to prepare GATE ECE 2019 exam in a right way. For this you have to go through some standard books for ECE subjects which should cover the entire syllabus for GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering exam.
In this article, we have shared the best books for the preparation of GATE ECE exam 2019. Hence, go through this article now and know all about the sources which one should refer to while preparing for GATE ECE exam.
Best Books for GATE ECE Exam Preparation
Below is the complete list for the standard books for GATE exam for ECE stream. These books are best and recommended by the previous GATE toppers.
- Fundamental of Electric Circuits by Charles K. Alexander, Matthew N.O. Sadiku
- This book is a comprehensive book, which covers all the topics completely.
- For each topic and concept, problems are given with detailed explanation.
- Its content is easy to learn and understand.
- Digital Logic and Computer Design by M. Morris Mano
- This is the standard books for digital circuits.
- All the concepts related with the Digital circuits will be cleared thoroughly.
- There are various problems which will clear all your digital concepts.
Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Semiconductor Physics and Devices by Donald A. Neaman, Dhrubes Biswas, Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory by Robert Boylestad
- These books are the best books for understanding the basic concepts of Electronic devices and circuits.
- Full theory and their related practice problems will help you to prepare for this subject perfectly.
- Automatic Control Systems by B.C. Kuo
- Linear Control System by B. S. Manke
- These books covers all the syllabus of Control systems fully.
- Each chapter has an explanation of topics with their practical ability. If you are new to this subject, no need to worry.
- Once you read these books, you will have better knowledge in this subject.
Signals and Systems
- Signals and systems by Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan S.Wilsky, S.Hamid Nawa
- This book is very useful for getting the full knowledge of various types of signal and systems.
- All most all students and readers like this book for preparing GATE and other exams.
- Microelectronic circuits: Theory and Applications by Sedra and Smith
- This book is very standard reference book for analog circuits. Each chapter contains full theory concepts and practice problems.
Analog and Digital Communication
- Principles of Communication systems by Goutam Saha, Herbert Taub, Donald Schilling
- This is very effective book for learning the deep concepts of analog and digital communication.
- All the concepts are presented in a very good manner and clearly explained
- Principles of Electromagnetics by Matthew N.O. Sadiku
- The ultimate book for basic understanding and approaching problems.
- A lot of solved and unsolved problems will help you to understand the deep concepts of electromagnetic theory.
- Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
- This book is great for Engineering Mathematics in which various solved examples are given and explained step by step.
- This book will help you to learn with the basic concepts.
- A modern approach to verbal & non-verbal reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- This book contains a lot of practice problems of verbal and non-verbal reasoning. Hints are also given in some questions wherever needed.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- This book better explains all the basic concepts and techniques to solve the aptitude problems. This book is the best for beginners to prepare aptitude for competitive examinations.
So, now that you are aware with the sources to refer, start studying & practice mock test to get a good rank in the GATE ECE Exam 2019!
Don’t forget to download GATE preparation app. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, previous papers, and all the updates related GATE & PSU exams.