Fibroids also called uterine fibroids, best gba games myomas, fibromas or leiomyomas, are benign or noncancerous tumors developed from the muscular layers of uterus or womb. Its singular is Uterine Fibroma. They are growths of fibrous tissue and smooth muscle. The size of fibroids can be from as small as a bean to as big as a melon.
Fibroids affect around 20 percent of all girls and women at sometime in their life, most likely between 30 and 50 years of age. Obese and overweight females are at higher risk of developing fibroids.
There are 4 kinds of fibroids
- Intramural Fibroids are most common type that are located inside the uterus walls
- Subserosal fibroids that are relatively large are located on the external surface of uterus walls and can grow in stalks or pedunculated fibroids.
- Submucosal fibroids are located inside the muscle under the lining of uterus wall.
- Cervical fibroids are placed on the neck of womb or cervix.Different Causes of fibroids
Although still unanswered by experts, fibroids usually appear during reproductive years when progesterone and estrogen levels are relatively high, fibroids tend to enlarge due to swelling. As soon as estrogen levels gets low, fibroid tends to shrink back, like during menopause. Heredity is another factor for developing fibroids.
Symptoms of fibroids
Mostly there are no symptoms, and because of this it is not easily traced. However when symptoms do appear, they are; may include:
- Anemia occurred due to heavy periods
- Swelling, discomfort or pain in lower abdominal area particularly with larger fibroids
- Heavy painful periods
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Pain in legs
Other symptoms include;
- Repetitive miscarriages
Ways to diagnose fibroids
As fibroids symptoms are rarely felt they are generally diagnosed by vaginal examination by following medical procedures
- Diagnostic-Sonography or Ultrasound
Ultrasound scan can find the occurrence of fibroids and can also help to rid other conditions with similar symptoms. Usually it is used when sufferer has heavy periods as well as when nothing conclusive found in blood tests
- Trans-vaginal scan
A tiny scanner is place inside sufferer’s vagina to view uterus
A small telescope examines the inside view of womb or uterus.
A laparoscope is small flexible tube that views the uterus from outside to help examine its shape and size and shape.
A small physical gba emulator sample of gba emulator games uterus lining is taken out for examination under a microscope.