Epoxy Tile Grout Market: Introduction
- Tile grout is ready mixed flexible cement based powder, which fills the spaces between tiles, and provides stability and esthetic functions
- Epoxy grout is renowned for high strength and chemical resistance, making it a versatile solution for a wide range of specialist applications. Unlike other grouts where regular cleaning is necessary, the non-porous nature of epoxy resin does not allow dirt, grime, or moisture to penetrate grout joints.
- Some type of grout is used in all forms of tiles in order to fill and seal the seams between the tiles. Seams between tiles need to be adequately filled with a material that prevents moisture from seeping down to the underlayment. In order to maintain this water-proof quality, grout needs to be properly maintained—repaired when cracks form and periodically sealed to keep it waterproof.
- Epoxy tile grouts are available in different colors that allow one to match or contrast with the color of tiles, unlike furan grouts
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Growth of Flooring Sector to Drive Epoxy Tile Grout Market
- Flooring is an integral part of residential and commercial construction structures. Flooring holds significance in applications ranging from residential houses and commercial establishments (such as hospitals) to transportation infrastructure such as airports and railway stations.
- Carpets and rugs, tiles, wood, and laminates are some of the key products used in the flooring sector. Tile is one of the widely used products in flooring applications.
- Growth of the global flooring sector is projected to augment the consumption of epoxy tile grout during the forecast period. The flooring sector in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a steady pace in the near future, owing to stringent governmental regulations and saturation of the construction industry in these regions.
- Countries in Asia Pacific are estimated to account for leading share of the global flooring sector, led by growth of economy, easy availability of resources, and wide industrial base in these countries. These factors, in turn, are anticipated to drive the demand for tiles, and thus boost the epoxy tile grout market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Emerging nature of the flooring sector in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is also likely to boost the consumption of epoxy tile grout in these regions during the forecast period
Applications of Epoxy Tile Grout Market
- Epoxy tile grout is a two-component epoxy resin based tintable grout specifically designed for use in vitrified tiles and stone joints where hygienic and sterile condition is needed. Epoxy tile grout is available in different shades, and can be matched with the color of the tiles.
- Based on application, the epoxy tile grout market can be segmented into flooring, roofing, wall tiling, countertops, swimming pools, and others
Restraints of Epoxy Tile Grout Market
- Epoxy grouts are available in unsanded and sanded forms, although the type of sand used is different from that found in cementitious grouts
- Epoxy grouts are also much more expensive than cementitious grouts. However, epoxy grout is an excellent choice for areas where maximum stain resistance is required.
- Epoxy tile grout can badly stain tile surfaces that are porous and unglazed, such as limestone or quarry tiles. These tiles should be sealed, if epoxy grout is used on them.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Epoxy Tile Grout Market
- In terms of region, the global epoxy tile grout market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Low manufacturing cost, increasing disposable income, and rising construction activities in Asia Pacific are driving the epoxy tile grout market in the region. China held leading share of the market in the region in 2018, owing to presence of promising construction industry in the country. China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia are key countries of the market in Asia Pacific.
- Increase in construction activities and rise in exports to different countries are factors boosting the production of epoxy tile grout in Europe
- Sale of epoxy tile grout is estimated to rise in GCC and various other economies in Middle East & Africa in the next few years
Key Players Operating in Global Epoxy Tile Grout Market
- The global epoxy tile grout market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Online portals are used by various companies in order to sell their products.
- Companies offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position
Key players operating in the global epoxy tile grout market include:
- Bostik Australia Pty Ltd
- Saint-Gobain Weber
- Sika AG
- LATICRETE International, Inc.
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Berger Paints India Ltd.
- Asian Paints
- Henkel, Polybit