Airfare consolidators are pretty much wholesale ticket agents who buy blocks of seats directly from the airlines at bargain basement rates and resell them to travel agents — and, in some cases, directly to you — for more than they paid (that’s their profit) but less than the retail price (that’s your opportunity for savings).
Frequent flyer miles are nice, but how about getting those airline tickets wholesale? check below 5 facts about Wholesale flight tickets..
- Consolidator tickets are generally the most discounted airfares available but different consolidator have different airlines. Therefore, travel agents prefer a flight consolidator that has a long-standing relationship with major airlines..
- Flight consolidators simplify complexities in managing wholesale flight tickets.
- Consolidator fares enhance travel business as they are easily marketable even after markups.
- While buying wholesale flight tickets, you should ensure that the airline consolidator you have chosen, has a proper help desk to help you find the best fares for your specific travel needs.
- There are many sites that promise excellent flight deals but travel agents commonly prefer a flight consolidator to get the wholesale flight fares.