Today we are going to touch on a topic that has been very fashionable for a few years and is widely used in advertising campaigns, influence marketing. Obviously, it is not the same as a particular product being promoted by a known face to be announced by any non-famous face. Let’s see the reasons and their operation.
Definition of influence marketing
Before continuing to delve into the details of influence marketing, let’s look at a definition:
We can consider influence marketing to the technique consisting in the identification of a product, service or brand with a known character or face, an opinion leader or what has been known today as an influencer.
Types of influencers and how they work
Let’s now know what types of influencers are in the marketing market today and how it works.
In order for influence marketing to be effective, it is necessary to have a known or reliable name or face that promotes the product or personal brand we wish to offer. To do this, we find different types.
This is the type of influencer that has been used most throughout the history of advertising and marketing. The use of a familiar face is always a matter of trust for a large number of users. However, it has its pros and cons.
Pro – They are usually very well known, so it offers great visibility to your brand or product.
Against – Sometimes, if the ad or promotion is too good, it can lead to the familiar face or celebrity eating the brand, identifying the product with the character and causing a memory of it, but not of what we want to sell.
How does influencer marketing work?
When you want to put an influencer marketing dyt.onl campaign into operation, it is necessary to take into account the following points:
- Define the campaign: That is, what you want to promote and how.
- Define the objectives: What do you want to achieve?
- Define the influencers: What are the right figures to promote the product or brand?
- Agreement with influencers: It is necessary to reach agreements of remuneration and work of influencers.
- Monitoring and measurement: Obviously, we must monitor the campaign and study the success that is being obtained with the influence marketing strategy.
When to use influence marketing and its benefits?
Although influence marketing is usually very effective, it should not always be used. There are moments and circumstances that make it very positive in certain situations:
- You have to take advantage of influence marketing during the launch of a brand or product. At that time it enjoys maximum effectiveness.
- It improves the connection of the brand with its followers and fans.
- For a large majority of the public, this technique makes recommendations gain credibility.
- It is increasingly used by companies and brands of all types and sizes, both large and medium and small.
- As you can see, influence marketing is a technique widely used in its different methodologies with which excellent benefits are achieved whenever it is used well.